With the pending opening of Pandora: World of Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom on May 27, 2017 many people are super excited to be able to see this amazing land. The all immersive land transports you to a far away world (well, except the lines of course). We put together a few helpful tips to get you through this magical land.
1. Caution - Ride Restrictions Ahead: Due to the design of the ride vehicles on Flight of Passage, if you are a bit fluffy or have big calves then you might want to ask a Cast Member before waiting in line. There is nothing more frustrating than waiting several hours only to be asked to leave because you do not fit. Cast Members state that they are working on this and hope to have vehicles for you to test out front of the ride before opening and they are working on making vehicles that fit fluffier people.
2. Grab a Map: In order to make Pandora: World of Avatar more realistic, designers have purposely removed all signage from the land.
3. What, No Mickey: Pandora: World of Avatar (Pandora) is the first land built without using any Mickeys or hidden Mickeys. This will be a disappointment for those hidden Mickey hunters, they will just have to wait for Star Wars or Toy Story land.
4. Patience, Patience, Patience: With some lines expecting to reach 5, yes I said 5, hours (we didn't even wait that long for 'Frozen Ever After' when it first opened and that was a block buster hit), plenty of patience is needed. As with any new ride, technical problems are sure to occur and may break the ride several times a day, causing even more frustration. Bring a book or a fully charged phone and patiently wait. If you do not want to wait, either get a FastPass+ or wait a year.
5. Order Ahead: Disney is testing a mobile food ordering system. You can order lunch in the morning, telling Disney when you want to pick it up, then at the time you set they will have it ready for you to pick up in a special line. You can order using the My Disney Experience app.
We are excited, with hesitation, about the new land, but look forward to the opening of Star Wars and Toy Story lands. We are still not sure how a non-Disney movie fits into a Disney park that is devoted to animals, but has no animals (real ones anyway). Time will tell whether this gamble by Disney was worth the estimated $500 million price tag.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Avatar, Animal Kingdom Pandora, Avatar, Avatar land opening, avatar map, Avatar Opening, avatar tips, Avatarland, Avatarland Opening, avatarland tips, Disney Avatar, Disney Pandora, Pandora, Pandora Hints, Pandora Map, Pandora Opening, Pandora Tips, Pandora World Of Avatar